Monday, January 26, 2009

Are we in the Last days?

Good morning! It is 6:30AM. It is a great day that the Lord has made!!! Robert E. and I have been talking about a subject....Are we in the end times? We have been reading books, viewing tapes of trusted Bible teachers, and studying on our own.....Actually, Robert has been doing this for many years. I love every part of the Bible, but Revelations is difficult to understand....and I would read it but not study it as much as other parts of the Bible. I am really becoming interested...and if you do not mind, I will share some of the information I am learning. Actually, I discoved I knew most of it, but it does not hurt to remind ourselves. The scripture says, you will receive a blessing just by reading the Book of Revelations 1:3. If you have a comment or a nugget of truth you want to share with me, please do. If you want to come over and study with us, come on over. I am getting excited just typing about this. I have noticed as people get older, they begain in think in terms of "well, my days and time are short here on this earth", and they sit around waiting for the end.....but I do not want to get to that state of mind. I want to keep learning and keep busy sharing with people that there is a better way to live and that is serving Jesus Christ!!!! One thing that stirred me up was the "LEFT BEHIND series. I read all 14 books, and loved them. Even though many many have read these books and accepted the Lord or renewed their faith. These books "may" be giving false hope to some that do not want to live for the Lord now. As I have heard some say, "Oh, I will wait and not take the "mark of the beast" and I will be saved. But the scripture does not say everyone will have a chance. I will get into some sciptures on that...... So, are we in the end times. Let me share some scriptures, and you decide for yourself. #1. Increase in false prophets and religious compromise in the church.Matt 24:4-5 And Jesus said unto them, take heed that no man deceive you. For many shall come in my name saying, I am Christ, and shall deceive you.
Vs. 24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; inso much that if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect. Other scriptures are: Luke 18:8; 2 Thes. 2:3; 1 Tim. 4:1; 2 Tim. 3:1,13; 4:3-4; 2 Pet. 2:1-3; 3:3-4. Hope these scriptures inspire you to join we in this study. I will share more later today..time to get ready and go to work. Have a great day!!!! :) Nancy

No comments:

Post a Comment