Monday, January 5, 2009

One more day until school starts

Well, this has been a good holiday. We had a good time with family in Laurel and Hattiesburg. Also had a chance to reconnect with a dear friend from Laurel. Pam and I worked 7 years together in the PTO at Powers Elem. Several years ago Pam and her family were in a head on wreck that nearly killed all of them. They have had tremendous medical bills. Pam has an on line jewerly business to help on bills. I really hope and pray it goes well for her. The way we reconnected was through an email I sent to a friend that had lost her mom. I sent it to the funeral home site. Anyone can read the emails sent to the family and Pam emailed me. I was so happy to hear from her. We hope to have a "catchup" visit the next time we are in Laurel.
Just a few more days until Dad will be 92. Wow! He has been blessed with a long life. He has alot of storys if you ever want to see down and listen him talk. A walking historian. :)

2 comments:

  1. To the best Mom in the world
    I hope you all enjoy reading what my mom has to write because she has the best srories to tell, and I am not just saying that because she is my mom. My brother and I are so blessed to have the best parents in the world. Hope you all enjoy her blog because I know it will be awesome.
    Love you mom,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could sit down with your Dad and your sweet Mom and you and just listen to you talk. I wish that Louise could be there too and then I would just sit and soak up the love and joy that would be swirling in the air.
    Love you Nancy!
    Sherry

    ReplyDelete